Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded 0.7% higher against the US dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 14:00 PM E.T. on March 23rd. Monero has a market cap of $3.34 billion and approximately $41.06 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Monero coin can currently be purchased for approximately $210.87 or 0.02441200 BTC on major exchanges including SouthXchange, Binance, Qryptos and Abucoins. In the last seven days, Monero has traded down 2.9% against the US dollar.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded down 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0026 or 0.00000031 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded down 6.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0082 or 0.00000095 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded up 1.2% against the dollar and now trades at $2.03 or 0.00023419 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded up 6.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.95 or 0.00010926 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded 5.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.57 or 0.00018038 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded 0.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.60 or 0.00006920 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded 3.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0050 or 0.00000058 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded 1.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0853 or 0.00000983 BTC.
- BitCoal (COAL) traded up 6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0299 or 0.00000344 BTC.
Monero Coin Profile
Monero is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. It was first traded on April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,856,219 coins. Monero’s official message board is forum.getmonero.org. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official website for Monero is www.monero.cc. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Monero Coin Trading
Monero can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Cryptox, Bitfinex, Poloniex, Tux Exchange, Cryptopia, Exmo, Kraken, Braziliex, Coinroom, Gate.io, HitBTC, Abucoins, Mercatox, LiteBit.eu, Qryptos, Bittrex, Exrates, OKEx, Bisq, Upbit, Bithumb, Livecoin, BTC-Alpha, SouthXchange, Binance and Cryptomate. It is not presently possible to buy Monero directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Monero must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Monero using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Monero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.